Top of your list for 2019 should be a glowing complexion. It’s incredible what an impact non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as lasers, peels and needling can have on the appearance of your skin. “We’re seeing a lot more lasers, peels and needling being used together for a unique, signature outcome,” says Lasermed manager Penny Jenkinson.
Here are five procedures that will be big in 2019 – and they don’t require going under the knife!
- Mosaic laser treatments: For minor skin imperfections such as sun spots, mild acne scars, dullness and large pores, the mosaic fractional laser treatment is very popular. The painless procedure is done quickly and there’s hardly any downtime.
- Chemical peels: By removing old skin, new layers can grow in its place resulting in a brighter, clearer, more youthful-looking complexion. Chemical peels vary in strength: some can be performed during your lunch hour, while other stronger concentrations require a fair amount of recovery time. The stronger the peel, the more likely your skin is to look badly sunburned, blistered, and ultimately scab and peel. Chemical peels are very popular with people who want to reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles, sun damage and acne scarring.
- Dermapen micro-needling: This needling is so advanced that it’s even suitable and safe to use in delicate and hard to reach areas such as the eyes, lips and on the nose. It’s recommended to treat: aged sagging skin; fine lines and wrinkles; smoker’s lines around the lips; skin tightening and rejuvenation; large pores; stretch marks; acne, and hair loss (when used in conjunction with topical treatment).
- IPL: An all-round favourite for refining pores, softening lines and wrinkles, removing sun spots and targeting unwanted broken facial veins.
- Ulthera Skin Tightening System: This produces a tighter, rejuvenated look and is perfect for men and women with mild to moderate skin laxity; excess skin/hooding on the lids; a less open-eyed appearance; flattening on the mid-cheek; nasolabial folds; loss of jawline definition; jowls and sagging under the chin.